Every religion throughout the world has certain holy texts that are the foundation of their faith. And, each follower of those various religions is certain that theirs alone is accurate, true and uniquely qualified to explain our human purpose and our future destiny. It is this certainty and passionate belief that has resulted in 100’s of wars and millions of deaths throughout the centuries. People have been so committed to their faith that they’ve been willing to die for it, and often did. To make a point, rather than cite dozens of world religions, here are just three such examples of the vast differences on the holy texts of completely different faiths.
Christianity bases their faith loosely on the Bible–even though its followers are convinced otherwise. They await the return of their Messiah, incorrectly identified as “Jesus” or “Christ” to begin his 1,000 year rule on earth. They completely reject the notion that our Messiah’s name is Yahshua and they remain rigid in their bedrock belief that it is “Jesus”. This thought is dismissed as a distraction, taking people away from his message of love and salvation. The first author of the Bible was Moses, who was born approximately 1592 B.C.E.
Islam believes that everybody else is wrong and they feel compelled to forcefully bring about the arrival of the 12th Imam whose temporary rule will “rid the world of evil”. Mmm hmm. I won’t even swing at that softball. The radical elements within Islam feel that they are doing divine work to use whatever methods may be necessary to introduce the world to the 12th Imam, even if it means using violence and terrorism. The holy book of Islam is the Qur’an, which was written by the prophet Muhammad beginning in 609 B.C.E., almost 1,000 year after the Bible had begun.
Other faiths don’t have as deep of roots as these, such as The Church Of Latter Day Saints, or the Mormons. Their entire history is less than 200 years and their holy book was written in relatively modern times. Mormons consider themselves “Christians” who believe in the Bible plus the Book of Mormon. But this does not diminish their belief that this holy book was given to them as a way to expand upon where the Bible leaves off. Joseph Smith finished this book in 1830 and his writings contained additional prophesies not found in the Bible.
Each religion’s holy texts include various prophesies that foretell the future. Since each faith identifies different prophesies which often contradict each other, it would be impossible for each to be right. Can any ONE holy book establish itself as being more accurate than the others? If so, how can this be done?
First, let’s establish the 7 reasons that prophecy exists, as spoken by Yahshua himself in the book of John.
- John 13:19–“Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, YE MAY BELIEVE THAT I AM HE.” Here, in the very first reason for prophecy, we are told that it exists so that a doubting world will believe upon Yahshua as our messiah.
- John 13:20–“Verily, verily, I say unto you, HE THAT RECEIVETH WHOMEVER I SEND RECEIVETH ME;
- and HE THAT RECEIVETH ME RECEIVETH HIM THAT SENT ME.” In this verse, we are introduced to two additional reasons for prophecy. If a person receives (a.k.a.: accepts or takes) the information–or explanations of prophecy–from either the Bible itself OR the person who introduced you to that information, then you have accepted Yahshua. Also, if you accept Yahshua, you automatically accept his father Yahweh. To amplify the first half of this verse even clearer, in the original Greek text, the word rendered “received” comes from the Greek word “lamban”, which literally means “taking”. In other words, if the listener TAKES the information to heart that is foretold in the Bible, then that person is accepting Yahshua.
- John 14:29–“And now I HAVE TOLD YOU BEFORE IT COME TO PASS, THAT, WHEN IT IS COME TO PASS YOU MIGHT BELIEVE.” This is a key verse. Here, we are told that when we see the fulfillment of prophesies and we were already aware that they WILL occur, we will believe on not just Yahshua and/or Yahweh; rather we will believe on the entirety of scripture.
- John 16:1–“These things have I HAVE SPOKEN UNTO YOU, THAT YE SHOULD NOT BE OFFENDED.” This verse is, quite frankly, the foundation of why I decided to write today’s note. When the world observes the prophecies of the Bible coming true exactly when, where, why and how we were told they would happen, every other religion on earth that does NOT have the Bible as their foundation would become enraged that THEIR prophecies aren’t also happening! Yahshua explained in reason 5 that others who do not accept the Bible would want to double-down and exhibit even greater zeal and passion in bringing about the prophecies that their holy books describe. This fact is made clearer when we once again look at the root Greek word “offended”. It is “skandalisthEte”, or “ye-may-be-being-snared”. Yahshua didn’t just advise us to “not be offended”. He amplified his thought to strongly advise us to NOT BE SNARED by the false beliefs of the many other false teachings, no matter which religion teaches it.
- John 16:4–“ But these things have I told you, THAT WHEN THE TIME SHALL COME, YE MAY REMEMBER THAT I TOLD YOU OF THEM. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.” Again, if people accurately understood Biblical prophesies, you would know, with specificity what events will happen and when they’ll happen. So that when it happens, you will remember WHO told you–of course, all of these truths have their origin in Yahshua’s own words.
- John 16:33–“THESE THINGS I HAVE SPOKEN UNTO YOU, THAT IN ME YE MIGHT HAVE PEACE. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” This, the 7th reason for prophecy, is the only reason that allows us to not be nervous or anxious of the world coming apart at the seams. This comfort allows us to be witnesses of prophetic events and to know with absolute certainty that Yahweh is in charge of human events on earth and it is HIS will that will be done to bring about the return of Yahshua Anointed to rule the earth.
But we can be sure that the strongly held beliefs of all of the world’s religions will not diminish. They will find ways to explain events which must certainly be proof of this prophecy or that prophecy. Once again, the “explanation” of a past-tense event will become validation that their holy text is true and accurate. Each time, they look at an event–which has already happened–and only THEN juxtapose its significance with what is written in their sacred books as a way to “prove” their holy book is true, it exactly the opposite of what Yahshua said was why prophecy exists. Simply put, is it an ERROR to announce to the world that a prophecy has just been fulfilled AFTER it happens. Instead, true prophetic events will be announced to the world BEFORE they happen so that AFTER it happens, we will believe in the one and only book that can possibly be true–the Bible.
I HAVE TOLD YOU BEFORE IT COME TO PASS, THAT, WHEN IT IS COME TO PASS YOU MIGHT BELIEVE.
It is not humanly possible to cite with accuracy the events that will occur in the 21st century from the words of a book written over 2,000 years ago unless those words and those words ALONE are the inspired word of Yahweh. No political science major, no PhD academic, no world leader and no high-ranking church evangelist can possibly view today’s rapid world changes and tell us with any certainty what will happen one year from now, five years from now or ten. Any prediction would be just that–a prediction, or a guess. None of those guesses would be based upon Biblical prophecies. They would all be their educated assumption that the combination of “x” event and “y” event will likely bring about event “z”. They are clueless because they are blinded.
Soon, these blinders will be lifted and the whole world will suddenly understand what was impossible to understand previously.
John 16:13–“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.”
Acts 1:8–“ But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” Things that were previously unknown will become known–in OUR generation.
Amos 3:7–“Surely my Lord Yahweh will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.” In this case, Amos is identifying both the prophets who–like himself–were the authors of books of the Bible. But he also is speaking of those in our lifetimes who were conveying those prophet’s same words. No new prophecy is being given. But modern day servants are the human instrument which gives voice to those former prophets.
Dan. 12:9-10–“And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but THE WISE SHALL UNDERSTAND.” Once the words of Daniel became unsealed, the holy spirit gradually reveals the truth of the Bible to those Daniel called “the wise”.
Jer. 23:20–“The anger of Yahweh shall not return, until he have executed, and till he have performed the thoughts of his heart: IN THE LATTER DAYS, YE SHALL CONSIDER IT PERFECTLY.” This powerful verse was written to one generation, and one generation alone–ours. Jeremiah wasn’t just your ordinary Old Testament prophet; his message was to the entire world and meant for our time. In Jer. 1:5, it says “ Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.” And here, in 23:20, he tells us that we will be able to PERFECTLY understand the thoughts in Yahweh’s HEART! Of course, this obviously includes 100% of all hidden prophesies still in the Bible.
And once again, when these truths are known then revealed to a doubting world, as each prophecy happens just as foretold, eventually the doubters will have to do a double-take because there’s no way that any person could get lucky on their guesses every single time. Maybe, just maybe they won’t be guesses at all.